La Roche-Posay Hydréane Légère (Light)

La Roche-Posay is a French skincare brand I'd always been curious about, but I never got to actually using their products until now. ...


La Roche-Posay is a French skincare brand I'd always been curious about, but I never got to actually using their products until now. Last winter my pharmacy gave me some samples of the Hydréane line to try. So when I was looking for a new moisturizer a couple weeks ago, I remembered how much I liked both the rich (Riche) and light (Légère) versions back in 2013. I prefer to use lightweight products on my skin so I thought the Hydréane Légère moisturizing cream would be the best option.



First of all, big thumbs up for the packaging. I love that this moisturizer comes in a plastic squeezy tube. It really is the most hygienic way to use and store your products. Hydréane Légère is a moisturizer for sensitive skin, and I'm happy my skin hasn't had any bad reactions to the product. In fact, I feel like it has improved the condition of my skin with help of the other products I've been using! It has a thin, almost runny texture so you'll only need little product with each use, and it applies like a dream. Because of the light formula, the product sinks into the skin almost instantly. It doesn't leave a greasy film at all, like some other creams do. La Roche-Posay claims their Hydréane moisturizers are great as a sort of makeup primer too. I agree that the Hydréane do a fantastic job at hydrating the skin and creating an even surface before applying your makeup, but I would use a 'real' primer on top if I wanted my foundation to last really long.

Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Myristyl Myristate,
Sodium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Xanthan Gum, Capryloyl Glycine, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Parfum / Fragrance


The ingredients list for Hydréane Légère is fairly short. Most of the ingredients are emollients; this is great because it helps achieve healthier, hydrated skin. La Roche-Posay uses thermal spring water, which holds soothing qualities. Also good to know: this product's paraben free! Last on the list is perfume. For a product that's supposed to be suitable for sensitive skin, adding perfume - even the tiniest amount - seems somewhat unnecessary. Luckily the fragrance is not that noticeable, nor does it irritate my skin so I'm not bothered by it.

The verdict
I'm pretty pleased with the Hydréane Légère moisturizer! My skin can feel dehydrated or tight sometimes and I've noticed a real difference since I started using this. It's lightweight, sinks into the skin in a matter of seconds and does what the brand promises. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is the price. At around €17,- for a 40 ml tube it's not overly expensive and I will buy it again. I just wonder if there's a similar alternative that's more budget-friendly, since I'm sure one tube won't last me over 2 months if I keep using it twice daily. But anyway, this really works for my skin and as long as it does, I'm going to keep using it because this stuff is great.

Which moisturizer do you apply in the morning?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Dit lijkt me een fijn product! Ik gebruik eigenlijk helemaal geen cremepjes. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Roche Posay is echt een goed apothekersmerk, ik heb altijd het gevoel dat hun producten hun werk prima doen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Als je toevallig nog tips zou hebben... :) ik ben nu vooral benieuwd geworden naar die Zerosinc (of hoe je 't ook schrijft) spray. Ben echt super tevreden van deze crème, het is alleen gek hoe snel zo'n tube op raakt

      Delete
  3. Such a good review. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.